Join the ABA Wednesday! Women, Minorities, Business & the Law: Using Diversity Initiatives and Affinity Groups to Build & Win Business
Event Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Time: 11:30 am, networking; 12:00 pm, panel discussion
Location: The American Bar Association, 21st Floor, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60654
Recent reports illustrate that women and minorities are still struggling to reach equity partner status at their firms and are not being asked to join key client engagement teams. Furthermore, many firms continue to struggle to attract and retain women and diverse attorneys. Why should legal marketers and business developers care about these issues? Why should they coordinate with the legal diversity personnel within their firms and how can they better coach and support their women and minority attorneys? Our panel draws on several unique perspectives to address these and other challenges and discuss answers.
Program attendees will learn:
- How women lawyers, LGBT lawyers, and lawyers of color can leverage their affinity group memberships to advance their careers and develop a pipeline of business and referrals
- How to utilize sponsorships of various affinity groups and diversity initiatives as business development and marketing tools
- How companies and legal departments are driving greater legal diversity and inclusiveness and how legal marketers can support their firm’s legal diversity personnel in attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse attorneys
- Jonathan Becks, Marketing and Business Development Manager, Horwood Marcus & Berk Chtd.
- Cynthia Photos Abbott, Chief Litigation Counsel, Motorola Mobility LLC
- Jeanette Hait Blanco, Senior Product/Regulatory Counsel, PayPal, Inc.
- Hon. Patricia Brown Holmes (Ret.), Partner, Schiff Hardin LLP
- Mario A. Sullivan, Principal, Johnson and Sullivan Ltd.
This program is ideal for legal marketers, attorneys, and legal diversity personnel who are interested in understanding and benefitting from the intersection of diversity and business development. Members of the LMA and co-sponsoring organizations receive a discounted registration rate. Due to building security rules, all guests must be pre-registered to attend the event. Space is limited, so register today!
- Posted in: Uncategorized